A year at Pine Brook
Pine Brook follows a consistent yearly schedule. The following is an overview of the year; for specific dates and details for the current year, please see our calendar (coming soon).
- The regular school year the last week of August, usually the Monday before Labor Day.
- In early fall, parents will join the teachers to discuss the school’s program and philosophy.
- Late fall: parent-teacher conferences
- December: solstice celebration: an evening potluck and bonfire for Pine Brook families
- Late spring: parent-teacher conferences
- The regular school year ends in mid-late June. The school is then closed until July 5.
- Summer camp begins after the July 4 holiday and lasts 5-6 weeks.
- August: goodbye/moving up party – we celebrate the children’s transitions of the end of the summer.
- Pine Brook is closed for two or three weeks in August before beginning the new school year.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
- Presidents’ Day
- One week in April (announced in the fall)*
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (and possibly one extra day depending upon the calendar)
- Two weeks in August (announced in the fall)
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving and the day after
- December vacation (announced in the fall)*
- Pine Brook follows Union #38 schedule for snow days
* Parents are charged for days that fall over the spring and winter vacation
We follow Frontier Regional/Union #38 School District closings and delays. Please watch WWLP Channel 22 or WGGB Channel 40 for information, or listen to WHAI 98.3 FM, WHMP 99.3 FM, WHYN 93.1 FM, WMAS 94.7 FM, or WTTT 1040 AM. Closings are also posted on the district’s website at http://www.des.deerfield.ma.us. Please note that we DO charge families for snow day.s